<kbd id="fhoq15yt"></kbd><address id="h83azl6u"><style id="s2q422gi"></style></address><button id="ee9s42bo"></button>

          Forever Green
          Campaign for Northwest
          Menu & Search
           
        • The State College, 1949-1972
        • The University, 1972-Present
        • University Presidents
        • Maps
        • Topic Index
        • Research
        • About Us
        • Museums & Special Collections
        • Veteran Memorials

          Persian Gulf War Memorial - The Class of 1991 donated an outdoor stone to those that served in the Persian Gulf War. The memorial is located on the sidewalk between J.W. Jones Student Union and the Administration Building.World War Memorial Plaza - West of B.D. Owens Library, on the corner of College Park Avenue and Memorial Drive, two brick pillars display the names of 46 soldiers who served in the First World War. The plaques were initially displayed in 1919 by the Nodaway County Daughters of the American Revolution and were rededicated in their current location in 2006.<hr><center>nginx</center> - The World War II Roll of Honor is now displayed on the Administration Building’s third floor. The roll includes 1,094 names and 35 are designated with a gold star. Gold stars indicate the servicemen died while serving.<body> - Several hundred men came to campus under the Navy V-5 and V-12 programs from 1943-1945. A <body> - Several hundred men came to campus under the Navy V-5 and V-12 programs from 1943-1945. A <body> - A sailor displays his Navy V-12 haircut. Men enrolled in the V-12 program were training to become deck officers and took courses in physics, chemistry, mathematics, pre-engineering, history, government, English and speech. A

          Map of Campus War Memorial Locations View PDF

          World War Memorial Plaza


          nginx

          Bell of '48

          502 Bad Gateway

           


          nginx

          A large display cabinet on the Administration Building's third floor features a number of memorial plaques honoring service men and women from the First World War, World War II, the Korean War and the Vietnam War. During the First World War a service flag was displayed outside the Administration Building. Starting in July 1917, the student newspaper, The Green and White Courier

          Korean and Vietnam War veterans were also honored with plaques from student groups. The later wars influenced Northwest enrollment numbers as more veterans sought to further their education under the Servicemen's Readjustment Act of 1944, better known as the G.I. Bill. From 1945 to 1955, Northwest enrollment numbers tripled. By 1970, Northwest enrollment grew to 5,000 students.

          Memorial Bell Tower

          502 Bad Gateway

          Persian Gulf War Memorial

          502 Bad Gateway nwarchives@nwmissouri.edu


              <kbd id="pf833fdw"></kbd><address id="win7w825"><style id="oned2koi"></style></address><button id="vwordhca"></button>